When I started my first mentor relationship, I asked my mentor to critique my corporate attire. No reservations, no hard feelings, I wanted the truth. At the time I had dressed in my typical solid color long sleeve button down shirt and pants with ankle boots. My clothes were from Express, so it’s stylish, right?
I didn’t know that style went further than what you wear on your back. I forgot about the little things. My mentor told me that I needed to dress more feminine. But, how do you do that?
- Add a simple bracelet.
- Wear a long necklace, like this one from The Limited.
- Wear your hair down or braid it.
- Don’t wear heels much? Switch up your footwear with some comfortable heels from LifeStride.
- Wear more make-up (but not too much)!
- Wear a pencil skirt. The Limited has a great selection!
These small changes can go a long way. You’ll feel more feminine and you’ll be taken more seriously. Gone are the button down shirts